One of the typical examples of classicist architecture is the building known as the "Armsberg Residence" located on A. Sygrou Street with Plaputa.
The building was erected during the 2nd Venetian period. At the time Capodistrias probably housed public services, and later, under Ottoman domination, was the residence of regent Armsberg. In 1831, according to information on the balcony, the third floor was added to the existing building, which carries the Capodistrian palm at the corner of the cornice.
It is a three-storey building with three sides free, where the first and second floors are visible in the stonework. The heavy marble frame of the entry into the side view testifies to the Venetian origin of the building. On the third floor the local tradition is expressed through the wooden flooring and the curved wooden roof of the roof.
The large dimensions of the construction, as well as the shape of the doors, the window corners and the balconies are all elements that betray early neoclassicalism.
The building follows the European-style rhythm, where a new building material is used to build the building. The small stones of venetian buildings, fitted with bricks, replace soft stones connected with clay and placed with an isodomic arrangement. The new buildings lack the stone hinges of the Venetian palaces, and where there is a third floor, it is built with woodcuts that are retained with embossed pilasters.
Today, the building has been restored to its exterior, while the floors are damaged internally. The ground floor has been given retail use. Right across from this building until a few years ago there was Maure's residence, theother regent at the time of Otto.
The three-story building followed the same architectural style as Armsberg's residence and the date of its construction is roughly the same. Unfortunately, his last owner demolished this building in 1953 and his place took a ground floor building used as a shop.