Peloponnesian Folklore Vasilios Papantoniou Museum
The Peloponnesian Folklore Museum "Vassilios Papantoniou" was founded in 1974 by Ioanna Papantoniou in memory of her father. It is housed in the house of Vassilios Papantoniou, which of course has been modified into a museum.
It is a 19th century neoclassical building in the historical center of Nafplion.
In 1974 the first exhibition of the museum covered the rural and urban costumes of the Peloponnese.
In 1981 he was awarded the European Museum of the Year Award, which was awarded to new or renovated museums, for the exhibition "Production, processing and application of natural textiles in Greece". The sections of the exhibition concerned cotton, flax, hemp, sarto, silk, wool, crap, yarn and dyeing, textile strips, loom and looms, And mantles, dyeing, sewing, marriage and dowry, embroidery, aprons, knitwear, lace and stamata.
In 1986 on the first floor of the building is housed the exhibition "Hellenic Costumes" as they have been in the last 150 years in Greece.
In 1999 on the occasion of the celebration of the 25 years of operation of the Peloponnesian Folklore Foundation on the 1st and 2nd floor of the Museum was hosted the exhibition "The best of the Hellenic Philharmonic Orchestra" in order to present the range and variety of the museum collections Then they numbered 25,000 items from 22 different categories.
In 2006, the new permanent exhibition entitled "Hellenic Asty: Nafplion 1822-1922" is housed in the Museum's premises. The purpose of the exhibition is to present unmistakable museum objects in a bold free installation to highlight the diversity of PIU's collection philosophy.
In 2013, PLL Was awarded by the Academy of Athens for his contribution to Greek.