Drepano is one of the large villages of the Nafplion area, built in a picturesque bay on the back of the hill of Agios Nikolaos just 8 kilometers from Nafplion.
Because of the location that is built it is distinguished by its many uphill alleys. Most of it is built on the back of the small hillside, and is situated on the open sea.
Most homes have been built on rocky terrain and close to each other. Narrow and uphill alleys are found throughout the village, reminding the island.
During the Ottoman times, the village was under Turkish Turk Agha Haidar, so his name was "Haidari". After the Second World War the name changed to Drepano because of the cavity forming it with the sea.
The area has rich rural development mainly with citrus trees where the plain is full. Thus, the area is predominantly cultivated for mandarin cultivation. Drepano is one of the largest mandarins productive area in Greece with dozens of varieties.
Drepano is a touristy developed settlement with hotel units, camping and rooms to let.
The long beach of Plaka in the village has many accommodation facilities for the visitors of the area, camping hotels, where they are open all year round. The village square is famous for its many taverns, where you can taste traditional recipes.
The village officially celebrates Saint Adrian and Natalia on August 25th, where one of the country's biggest fairs with itinerant vendors, live traditional music and good traditional food are held every year.
The homonymous church of Agios Adrian and Natalia dates back to 1840. Its iconostasis is made of marble and is one of the most beautiful temples in the prefecture. The legend for the church says that in the evenings one can hear a horse climbing around the church, Saint Adrian himself.
At the end of the road of Drepano with the direction of Asini there is an old windmill worth visiting. Also for the lucky ones who have access to a boat they can visit the Venetian castle located on the west side of the gulf entrance. The fort was built in the early 18th century before 1714.
The original design of the Venetians was to fortify the two arms forming the gulf and the "Platia" islet at the entrance but only the western side that exists until today.
Lastly, the lagoon of Drepano, located at the exit of the settlement in the direction of Vivari, is one of the nature paintings worth visiting. It counts thousands of species of fish but even rare bird species.
Today, Drepano belongs to the unit of Asini of the Municipality of Nafplio and appears under the name Drepano and according to the 2001 census it has 1272 inhabitants.